Ravencrest Wardens
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Ravencrest Wardens

An Alliance RP Guild

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Noctus

Noctus

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... Empty
PostSubject: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:34 pm

Delecran was walking in the streets of the Old City of Stormind,having almost no care in the world(as much as this can apply to a rogue constantly on guard and ready to hide,gut one or run).Life could be better for him,he thought,but it had been pretty good lately.The guild seemed to have a good bunch of people on it,though some almost spooked him at first.Money was...well,money was always short for him,but he had been doing good lately...A good run in Zul Farrak had brought him some hard missed gold coins,and he had struck a deal with a merchant to reacquire some of his stolen goods as well.
He was headed to the bank when passing out of Limited Immunity he heard shouts coming from his left.Something struck him immediately: Osborne was missing from his position outside the SI7 quarters,and that officer called Areyn was nowhere to be seen either...Fools rush in,he thought,and stealthed his way into the SI7.
Just at the outer door he heard a loud crash,like timber smashing upon timber.It almost sounded like a punch delivered from one of the Ancient Ones back in Darnassus,he wondered.After that,complete silence followed.
Feeling more unnerved from the silenced than the loud crash,he moved into the barracks and heard a strong,dominant voice he had no trouble to recognise:
“Well,that must have been the last of them,Shiv”,said Master Matthias Saw.
A high pitched voiced showed that there were more than one SI7 officers around:
“That was too stupid even for these Blackwater donkeys to try.I could never imagine they would have it in them to draw blades in our own place”,answered the short green-skinned goblin that was Saw’s second in command. “They’re either getting too sure of themselves,or someone put a good pice of gold in their hands”
From the door where he stood,Delecran saw Saw leaning on the second floor’s ledge,looking down a huge table lying upside down on the ground floor,with three hands and two legs showing under it.The wooden ledge was missing a big piece of it.That was probably the spot where the table had come through...the table that had crushed like thunder to the floor,smashing the heads of those under it.
“Either way I want you to put someone on them,I can’t have them...”
“We are not finished!”,Delecran heard someone shout from his left,and barely managed to dodge the knife slicing the air right in front of his face.A split second later Saw was jumping over the ledge to the ground floor,landing as easy as a mountain wildcat ,while drawing his huge dagger.Delecran also saw on the edge of his vision Shiv produce two swords like a magician.Deciding this was not the way he wanted to die,he unstealthed,spread his hands and shouted: “Wow!Wait!Wait!Wait!”
The guy on his left was almost throwing a second knife, when Saw’s voice stopped him: “Stop!I know this elf,he’s the Crow!He’s ok.What are you doing here Crow?”
Everyone was looking calm now,but Shiv was still holding his two swords,so Delrcran said:
“I just heard the noise from outside,and wanted to take a look...to help you if you were in trouble.”
“Curiosity is not a trait favored in rogues,Crow.”,said Saw. “But if you want to help,assist Shiv in putting his file closet back together”.
Delecran started picking up the files dispersed all over the floor,taking in the other bodies that were lying around.He actually counted 13,an unlucky number,he figured,when his eyes fell on the word “Exiles” on a plain piece of paper.Kneeling on the floor as he was,he stashed it in his right boot,fingers moving like lightning.He passed the rest of the files to Shiv and started moving to the door.
“Don’t be too curious next time,Crow”,Saw shouted at his back.Delecran walked casually to the Gryphon Master and took a flight to Shouthshore.He headed north,to a small cave he knew.Only after waiting for half an hour there for anyone to show up following,did he reach his boot for the paper.
It was a plain piece of paper,with no signatures or dates,where a scrubby writing hand had scrached this:

“After receiving your orders,I followed the person you implied as well as I could.Another person from the dark times you mentioned was helping me.It didn’t take us long to agree with you.He has changed his hair colour and travels under a different name,but it is difficult to forget the eyes that made dead hearts feel fear and the voice that used to mean death to our enemies.He manages to look younger, somehow,and even tries to pass for a rookie in the art,but when he wishes to,he disappears into thin air.He now hangs around with a vagabond group called “the Exiles”.They are not reliable to us,but I found it difficult to infiltrate them and get more information about him.He rarely stays at the same place long,and never chats with bartenders or merchants about himself or his actions.
My estimate is that back when he disappeared,it was intentional.He never died trying to turn her back to our side,though our sources indicate he did enter the Undercity before he disappeared.
I think he is a liability and should be terminated,as he could be one of her double agents.We should arrest him,find as much as we can from him and then make him disappear again...for good.
The name he is going under now is Noctus Nocturnus. Does the translation ring a bell?I will continue to watch him as well as I can,but my people can rarely track him when he leaves the great cities.”

Delecran could actually feel his heart squeeze as he went through the letter.He knew Noctus,had even fought on his side once or twice.It seemed SI7 had an interest in him.But,...Undercity?Double agent?Noctus was a little bit secretive about himself,and the SI7 was always looking behind its back but...what?What should he do?Tell Noctus?And if he was...?Tell the guild?And if it was all a misunderstanding and the SI7 found out and...made him vanish?Delecran was never good on critical decisions...Fools rush in,he thought.That’s what Noctus says all the time.I must think it through.
The cave grew darker as the sun set,and Delecran was still holding the letter in his hands...
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:35 pm

Light was pourring into the street out of the windows of Pig and Whistle inn.Loud voices and laughter was breaking the silence of the night. From one of the windows a stout,golden-haired dwarf with a long beard could be seen holding a small throwing knife glimmering in the light of the lamps in the common room.
"I'm gonna geh tha darn bluie-skinny thish time!" The dwarf shouted. "Hish maine!"
The dwarf flexed his arm and the knife flied through the room with a loud hiss,ending up at a round,white and red target on the far wall.The room thundered with approving shouts and kegs slammed the tables making enough rucus to equal a battle.The knive's point was stuck in the middle of the target,a 3 points score for the game.
"Lemme shee ya match me throw again,tally" ,said the dwarf.He sank on his chair,face red from drinking.
A tall,blue skinned elf with fiery golden eyes stood up from his own spot,two tables away from the dwarf.He was all clad in dark leather,a dagger and a sword klinging on the sides of his waist.His face looked almost as if he was about to snarl.Moving with the grace of a snake through the inn's tables he took the position facing the red and white target.As the dwarf's knive was removed from a waiter,a handsome brunette maid approached him smilingand gave him a flagon of mead.He gulped it in one sip and then with a quick move of his hands produced a throwing knife out of thin air.The crowd yelled approvingly at it,all but the dwarf,who murmoured something about "cheap tricks" and "showing off".Never changing his stone-faced expression,the elf threw the knife.The croud roared,as the target was once again struck right in the middle.It had been a long time since they had seen a match as good as this.Ten throws in a row,with ten flagons of mead to accompany each one,and still no winner.The elf turned to face his opponent and produced an ironic smile.
"It's your turn again,dear Stonefist." He walked to his chair with the same,serpent-like grace,as if he had not had a single drop of alcohol the whole night.The dwarf,grumbling all along,replaced him at the throwing position.The maid brought him the new flagon,which he seemed to down easily.Once it was empty,he threw it away and grabbed a new knife from his belt.He raised his hand and stood still for a second,fixing his eyes on his target.Then,out of the sudden,he collapsed on the floor,his knife falling right next to his boot.
The croud burst into heavy laughter,most of them looking at the dwarf and some cheering for the elf.Stonefist was a kind of a champion in Stormwind at "drink-a-knife",but noone seemed to appreciate his hot temper much.About fifteen patrons went to the bartender to collect the gains from the bet.Most had bet on the dwarf,and those who had lost a few silver coins on him didn't actually bother.Stonefist losing was worth their money.
Ten minutes later the bartender was at the elf's table,producing a small pouch of coins.
"A good amount of silver you have here boy.I'll be glad to see you here again",the bartender said with a smile. "Where are you going to spend it?"
The tall elf smiled back at the bartender."Certainly not at drinks",he said,and stood up.He made his way to the inn's exit through patrons cheering at him and patting his shoulder.No,Stonefist was not loved by many people here,for sure.
"Do you have somewhere to spend the night?",the cool,feminine voice stopped him short of the door.He half-turned back to see a pale,almost pink-skinned female elf approach him.Her body,slim and athletic,covered in dark leather,gave tail to her profession as much as the two small,sharp daggers on her hips did.Her features would make her a beauty even among elves,and her silver eyes were on him much like a predator's on its prey,at the same time promising a long night."Perhaps we could exchange notes on knife-throwing,or drinking,or both.To say the truth,I've never seen anyone as capable as you with his hands..."She placed a soft hand on his shoulder."I am Nadrin,and I don't usually take no for an answer",she whispered in his ear.
Standing on his right side,she could not see his eyes turning to ice for a split second at her words.When he turned to her,his face still was a half-snarl,and the light of mischief was back in his eyes."Well,there is an exception for everything,isn't there?",he whispered back at her,and walked through the door leaving her open-mouthed and wide-eyed,to look at his back leaving the inn.
He slowly made his way to the trade district.At the canals,he stopped and sat at a perch of a bridge.
"I don't appreciate beeing stalked,even from friends",he said loudly,looking to the water below him.
A shadow moved behind him,suddenly turning into the tall,slender form of a night elf.He was also wearing dark leather,a sword with a white glow on his back.
"Some day you have to tell me how you do this,Noctus",said the second elf."Approaching you from behind looks even harder than from the front."
"It's just training Delecran.You'll probably manage better one day.But you're not here to ask me how I sense stealthed people,are you?"
"Actually,no I'm not." Delecran fished a piece of paper out of a pocket. "I happened to find this in..."
"You are in too much of a hurry some times friend", Noctus stopped him. "You want to talk business,you don't do it in the middle of the street where anyone can arrive.Let's get somewhere more...private."
Noctus lead them both to the old city,to an abandoned alchemist's lab.The sign outside,weathered from time and rain,read “The Five Deadly Venoms”.They went to the second floor,and after thoroughly checking every dark corner,Noctus lit an old oil lamp.
"Now let me get a look at that scrap of paper."Delecran gave it to Noctus,and he studied it under the lamp's light for a while.He kept the half-snarl,not even blinking once.
“If these guys at the SI7 are checking out an old fox like me,they’ll soon start to look behind their backs as well”, he finally said.Casually,he placed the paper over the lamp’s flame.Delecran watched astonished for a moment as the paper caught fire,before he was able to move.
“Noooo!”,he made a quick move to grab the burning paper,but in his haste it seemed he made Noctus drop it on the floor.
“What’s the matter with you?”,Noctus asked quite casually,as the ashes of what was left were turning black on the floor.
“We...I...I...thought we should show this to Hiddenshadow,or someone else from the guild...you may be in trouble...the guild may be watched...I...”
“No reason to worry Hidden about something as small as this”,said Noctus with a dismissive shake of the hand and a reassuring tone. “The SI7 probably has reports on half the Alliance as well.I doubt they have them all under watch too.And the guild has more important things to do than looking behind their shoulder for a non-existent spy.”Noctus stood up and turned off the lamp. “If you don’t have anywhere to spend the night,there’s a pretty being called Nadrin in Pig and Whistle.She might be willing to watch you throw knives,if you’re any good at it...”,he said with a devilish grin.
Delecran didn’t answer that,still half stunned by Noctus’ behavior.The elf probably had half the SI7 on him,and he was completely OK with that fact.In fact,he had destroyed the only evidence of it,the only thing that might convince the Exiles to look out for him.He even considered it unnecessary to discuss it with Hiddenshadow.Is he made out of flesh,or ice,Delecran wondered.And should I tell anyone after all?And who would believe me?
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:36 pm

Thundrin was walking on th' brown dirtroad leading from Goldshire to the Redridge mountains. His huge hammer on 'is back was stickin' up two hands above 'is head,and 'is plate armor shined under the mornin' sun. A cool mornin' breeze was movin' through his long brown beard,and sounds o' the forest wakin' up were fillin' the air. He really liked these calm, quiet mornings. Mornings like this reminded him what he was fightin' for, what Light and Hope was all about.
He had felt just like that the moment the golden-'aired paladin had arrived in 'is small village in Loch Modan, to announce that the Stormwind paladins were lookin' fer proud, brave dwarves ta join the ranks o' the Light and fight were evil and darkness were most dense. He needed no more to know what his 'eart wished for, and had joined the Cause immediately.
He saw a rider coming towards 'im, riding a dark-colored, feline beast. From a hundrend paces away, he needed no more to figure out it was a Night Elf. The guy was showin' his tall composure even when ridin' that huge cat.
As the rider got closer, Thundrin made to the side and smiled.
“G’d mornin’ mate.”, he said loudly. The rider made the fierce cat slow down and placed a fist over 'is heart, a gesture that passes for a military salute among Night Elves.
“Good morning brave paladin. Where are you headed?”
Thundrin noticed that the Elf was all clad in dark leather, and two nasty looking daggers were hanging on 'is sides. He had made the tiger stop without moving 'is hands; actually, he seemed to be able to direct it with 'is feet as if it was part of him or as if he was born on it. The dwarf knew that learning to ride this well took time, and the huge tigers the Night Elves used as mounts were the most volatile and impatient creatures around, almost not tame at all. Compared to 'em, he'd prefer a good ram, or even a horse, anyday.
The Night Elf’s eyes were glowin' gold, and Thundrin got the feelin' the rider was readin' 'im as easily as an open book. The elf was taking in every piece of 'is plate armor, 'is hammer, 'is face, a strutiny check done in seconds. Darn, he thought. Th' guy looks just like the tutor that taught us strategy 'n’ tactics. I bet he's already decided if I’m dangerous an’ how he intends t’ attack me if need be. The dwarf shivered a little bit at the thought,then got his act back together.
“I’m on me way ta Redridge, Elfie. There’s talk of the orcs there gettin’ too aggresive fer their good. Thing is, we’re gonna bonk their heads till they hear bells ringin’ and figure nat ta hurt alliance villgers again. But it’s too early fer yer kind ta be around, ain’ it?”
The Night Elf smiled at the implied question and patted the tiger’s back. It growled loudly and shook its head left and right as a response.
“Actually, I’d say it was a long night that kept me out till now. I’m on my way for Stormwind to get a breakfast and maybe some rest.”
“Then lemme nat waste yer time.A g’d breakfast an’ a g’d rest is what we fightin' fer,ain’t it?”the dwarf laughed.
“Yes,it is.Have fun smashing heads in Redridge!”,answered the elf,and the tiger started down the road.The dwarf laughed loudly and got on his way.As he took five steps,he shivered again.He tried to convince himself it was just the morning chilliness, and managed not to turn and look back to see if the Elf was watching him. Ye will look like a blazin fool,watchin’ behind yer back 'n’ shiverin’ like a scared goat,he thought.
The paladin hadn’t made twenty paces,when he felt dark magic being weaved.His hands instictively reached for the hammer at his back and he span deceptively quick for a short,stocky guy like him.His guts told him it were a darn warlock in the woods nearby,an' he swore at himself as he thought that he would finally be a fool, reaching for his weapon in front of a human or a bloody gnome.No hordies had been seen this near Goldshire for a week.
His hands closed on the hammer’s grip and his feet started running when he saw pale figures moving out of the woods.It was a warlock among them...an undead one, accompanied by a handful of warriors.They were all moving quickly against the tall elf. They will take him from the back!
“Fer Loch Modan and Ironforge!”,Thundrin shouted and spinned his hammer over his head as he run.Suddenly,he was frozen at place - truly frozen,as a blast of cold went over him.He hadn’t noticed the undead mage that came out of the woods near him.
“Poine gum,poine rta dwarf!”,shouted the warlock and pointed to the elf. “Nma craan derkt rta Elf!”.
The warriors started running towards the Elf,and the warlock started to summon a demon.The body of a void walker started to materialize out of thin air,and then abtuptly disappeared. Suddenly, a dagger had appeared in his neck, and a second later his body was falling to the ground like a grain sack. Thundrin’s eyes turned to the Elf,to see him running on the huge tiger...running towards the warriors!
The darn fool ‘ll get 'imself dead!He tried to move again,but the ice covering his feet was too strong.He even tried to brake it with his hammer,but to no result.I have ta do somethin’ ta help the darn fool!At that range,there wasn’t much he could do to hurt the warriors,but paladins weren’t all about hurting...He started to create a shield around the elf to protect him,when his mouth opened wide in disbelief.
Having reached the warriors,the tiger made an unbelievable leap over them.At the same time,the elf left it’s back with a backflip and landed amidst the undeads,to their obvious surprise,like a skilled acrobat. His hands were already holding the daggers and he was swinging them almost too fast for the eyes to see,deflecting the warrior’s blades and opening gaping wounds in their pale white flesh.Moving with the grace of a serpent,he dodged and parried their attacks,and attacked with the same kind of lethality a leopard used,creating a whirlwind of blades,hands and feet striking to all directions.
After a split second that seemed like eternity, Thundrin finished his protective spell.Already the numbers of the warriors were thinning,and the elf was able to use the magical shield to fend off most attacks and concentrate on killing his opponents.Puffs of white smoke encircled two of them,making them cough and weep tears while they kept swinging axes and swords at random directions,hitting thin air.
A thunderous roar caught the dwarf’s attention,and he turned towards it to see the tiger leaping for the mage’s neck.He managed to cast a huge fireball towards the Elf and turned to face the beast,but he was too late and too wrong in prioritising his targets.Thundrin actually heard neckbones break under the tremendous pressure of the tiger's jaws,while he tried to follow the direction of the ball that blazed towards the Night Elf.'e’s dead! The thought filled him with rage and despair,as he knew the shield he had casted was now too weak to keep the Elf from harm’s way.
The elf seemed not to notice anything but the opponents near him,swirling around madly,almost hard to follow for the eye.He was already bleeding from his left shoulder and his right leg and his leather vest had a wide slash across the chest,but his eyes seemed to glow with joy and a snarl had surfaced in his previously stone-calm face.
Surrounded like this he won’t be able to move out of he fireball’s way,thought Thundrin,and swore to make the undead warriors pay once his feet were loose.
The elf turned its back to the fireball coming,and then bent his back backward as if he actually had no spine.The warrior at his front was already swinging his huge war axe verically,as if to chop the elf in half.Taken by his momentum,his hands met the fireball and were vaporised in thin air along with the axe.A slash appeared at his neck as the elf straightened up.The rogue was moving at a speed that seemed impossible to believe. He had the three last warriors lying dead in a few more seconds,having gutted the first one,splitted the skull of the second and planted both knives at the chest of the third in a quick succession of dodge-parry-strike-dodge-strike-parry-strike moves that reminded of dancing.The elf stood over the undeads,checking them with eyes of golden fire for any signs of life.
Thundrin realised that the ice around his feet had already broken, but was too stunned by awe to move for a few moments.The huge tiger moved to the elf and moaned calmly.
“I’m ok boy,I’m ok,don’t worry”,said the elf in a comforting tone,placing the knives back in his belt.The tiger pushed with its nose on the slash at the rogue’s chest. “That?Oh,no,it was just close,but didn’t actually touch me.I’ll have to remember to thank Aeiseth for her armor kits”,he smiled. He started moving towards the still-amazed Thundrin. “Are you ok paladin?Did the mage hurt you?Well,answer to me!”
“I...I...am...fine..I’m...fine...fine...”,muttered Thundrin. “Wow!”,he exclaimed. “I’ve never seen anyone move this fast.This was...amazin’...”
“I have to thank you for your Divine Shield.Without your intervention,things would have gotten quite...unpleasant.”
“Ah...yeah,yeah,whatevah ya say...”.Thundrin still could not believe what he had witnessed.He knew rogues were badasses that were quite good at sticking knives at your back,but he couldn’t believe they could become so skilled fighters.
“I...I should heal yer wounds...right...I should...”,Thundrin said,as if trying to wake up from a dream.
The rogue move a hand dismissively. “No need to,there’s a pretty good healer in Goldshire”,said the elf and with a quick jump climbed on the tiger’s back. “Save your strength for the Redridge orcs!”he said and then made his way down the road to Goldshire,waving goodbye.
“Yeah,yeah,I will...”,waved back Thundrin.He started walking and then stopped. “Hey,Elfie,what’s ya name?”,he shouted behind the rogue’s back.
“Noctus,Noctus Nocturnus,at your service”,the elf shouted back at the distance.
Noctus Nocturnus.Noctus Nocturnus.Ne’er heard of’im.No,ne’er.Thundrin felt very confused,then an idea entered his mind.Maybe the deadies were a bunch of stupid,weak thugs that thought they could surprise a lone rider in the woods.Yeah,that must be it!
He made his way back at the bodies and picked up a sword...a mithril sword with a curving blade,garnished ornately with bloodred rubies.The rest of the weapons lying on the ground were of the same quality,and the armor on the bodies matched them.
Thugs cannae afford mithril,they cannae afford proper steal fer cryin’ out loud!As he approached the warlock’s body,he saw a necklace glittering around his neck,right below the dagger that had killed him.He picked it up,and almost dropped it as its meaning dawned on him.The personal guard of the friggin’ banshee queen!,he thought. The warlock worked fer the bitch!Incredible!
Thundrin could believe neither his eyes,nor his hands.This was an assassination attempt,that’s what it were.Who is this Noctus fello’ anyway?
Thundrin stood wondering in the middle of the road from Goldshire to Redridge,turning from the bodies to the direction the rider had taken and back to the bodies.The morning breeze was moving his beard,the sun shined on his armor and forest noises filled the air,but he wasn’t feeling any of it.
Flamin’ hell,who is that guy?
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:36 pm

Noctus and Delecran were standing at a corner in an uncrowded Stormwind street, under a cloudless sky. Both of their faces looked calm, but a careful glance would reveal what the casual onlooker would miss. Both rogues were contempt, satisfied. Noctus passed Delecran a bulging bag, it's contents clinking with the sweet sound of gold coins. Noctus's half-snarl almost changed into a smile, and Delecran's eyes glittered.
"So, you managed to sell it for that high a price?", Delecran whispered. His wide eyes were still weighing the bag, giving him an impressed look.
"I said I would, didn't I?", Noctus answered almost too casually. "The lady that purchased it felt as if we were making her a favor anyway. I still can't believe it myself."
"Well, gold is good, but I'd rather we didn't have to get deep to our throats with orcs to get the Staff. I mean, greenskins can't see beyond their noses, but sometimes I felt we were going to be found anyway. And when the two guards didn't budge from that door... I thought they would certainly see anyone come through."
"From the look of things, they thought that too. But they didn't, did they?" Noctus sounded satisfied with himself. For an elf that claimed to pass through any guard unnoticed, those two towering orcs blocking the last door to the chest must have been quite a challenge, Delecran thought. On the other hand, he wouldn't have made it on his own.
"Did you have any trouble getting back out?" Noctus didn't actually seem concerned, but getting out of the tower would have been almost as hard as getting in, ...unless...
"Actually, I had some help", Delecran said smiling. After an inquisitive glance from his partner in crime, Delecran felt he should explain. "Three undeads were kind enough to clear the hotspots for me, trying to get in the tower. I would have liked to see their faces when they found the empty chest, but you said you were buying the drinks if I made it to Stormwind before you...", which Delecran hadn't achieved. "How did you get here this fast anyway?"
"I wasn't eager on tempting my luck twice with the guards, so I took the fast way out. I jumped through the window." Delecran's eyes opened wide at Noctus's casual statement. "Don't look so surprised.I was carrying a few potions to reduce the fall speed, and I also happened to have a goblin parachute with me." Both elves laughed at that. "Since I'm not buying drinks, I'll be heading out of Stormwind now." Noctus shook Delecran's hand tightly. "A job well done."
"Yes,it was."
Delecran started walking upstreet as Noctus moved on the other direction, when his keen hearing heard heavy footsteps behind him. He turned to see four men wearing Stormwind Militia colours line abreast, moving toward Noctus. One of them was wearing a Captain's rank insignia.
The captain stood and produced a parchment from his pouch. He started talking in a loud, hard voice. "By King Anduin Wrynn's law and order of the General Marcus Jonathan, High Commander of Stormwind Defense, the individual named Noctus Nocturnus is to be arrested as a suspect of cooperating with Syl-" a heavy leather boot ripped through the parchment and landed squarely on the Captain's mouth,sending him tumbling back,his face full of blood. Noctus had moved through the ten feet like lightning, putting all his speed behind that kick. Delecran thought that the captain must have been a really tough nut, not losing his head off his shoulders by it. With no hesitation, Noctus turned on the soldiers. One of them managed to shout "TAKE HIM!" before finding a hand landing on his neck,cutting his breath while his feet were swept of the ground,landing him on his back.
Delecran heard more footsteps running, this time from the upper side of the road. Four more soldiers appeared after one second, obviously paying no attention to him and moving towards Noctus. Delecran tried to move out of their way, but as they were taking all the breadth of the road, he fell on the first one and caught the feet of the second with his own, making them fall on their comrades' path and all becoming a mass of feet and hands trying to untangle themselves. Delecran fought to untangle himself as hard as the soldiers, who kept swearing and muttering about "clumsy elves" and "incompetant long legged blueskins".
At the same time Noctus had managed to throw a cloud of some dust on one soldier and was beating the guts out of the last one. The first guy, a fairhaired towering fellow even for a human, started coughing and tears filled his eyes. Delecran actually felt some sumpathy for him; the stuff was vile and had taken him right on the face. He would be blind and coughing for half an hour, and his face would be as red as fire for a whole day. The moment Noctus took down the last man, he started running away from Delecran and disappeared behind the first corner. Delecran was sure he had seen him accidentally tumble the other soldiers,who were already on their feet and started running after Noctus once more. Himself, Delecran moved quickly to the other direction; he was sure Noctus would easily lose them in the streets and shops of Stormwind, and he didn't want to stay around until one of the Stormwind troops would realize that the accident had been an all too convenient coincidense for Noctus.
When Delecran found a dark alley, he took off his dark leather vest and put on a light green shirt, and also took off his leather cap and let his hair loose. The soldiers couldn't have seen more of him and an elf looked like another for these humans anyway. He stashed the clothes in his backpack and made his way to the bank. As he was going up the stairs, he wondered: What had Noctus done to incur the fury of Stormwind Militia? It certainly wasn't like them to go after thieves, and that was actually all the lawbreaking Noctus had ever done, wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

All Exiles where gathered in the tavern of Southshore. A meeting was scheduled for the day...and a marriage. They were meeting to plan for the next days,and they were going to attend the union between Aeiseth, a lovely she-elf, with white hair and bright eyes, and Tylarin, her lover and friend.
Everyone was gathered at the top floor of the tavern to hear what Hiddenshadow wanted to say, and also to congratulate the happy couple. Almost everyone...Nikolaos and Sunkester were at the inn's door. They were wearing unhappy faces. It was not hard to understand why. At first look, they were just fooling around, but a careful eye would understand they were standing guards; losing the feast inside and all the fun.
They didn't miss the chance to have a little duel though. In the end, Sunkester had to admit he could not defeat Nikolaos.
Standing up, Sunkester saw an elf huntress moving to the inn door, a huge feline following her. At the entrance, she kneeled and spoke to him, holding his spotted head.
"You have to stay here love. I'll be back soon, and we'll be back in our forests."and she started to move inside the tavern.
Sunkester tried to pat the cat's back, but he let a growl and half-opened his mouth to show sharp teeth. Without turning her head back, Amarien, the huntress, spoke loudly enough to be heard inside and outside the tavern.
"I would keep your hands away from his mouth if I were you, gnome!"
Surprised,Sunkester managed to mutter an "ok,I will", and pulled back, whispering to his friend.
The huntress made her way to the stairs, cold eyes chasing away any mood for talking the tavern patrons might have. At the top floor, she neared the door of the room where all the Exiles were gathered.
"You. Priest",she said and placed her hand on Elloa's shoulder. Elloa turned, surprised to see an unknown face.
"Who leads you?",said the huntress. Taken by the feast and the conversation she was having with some of her friends, Elloa didn't answer immediately.
"Who leads the Exiles,sister?", repeated the huntress, obviously annoyed.
"Hiddenshadow",Elloa smiled politely.
The huntress abruptly turned her back to her and made her way to the crowded room, ignoring complains and angry looks. Hiddenshadow was standing on a table at that moment, speaking to the Exiles. When he saw Amarien make her way to the front, he stopped talking, and eyed the stranger regally.
"Are you the leader of this group?",said the huntress.
Obviously annoyed by the interruption, Hiddenshadow didn't lose his self-control.
"No, I enjoy myself standing on tables and speaking to crowds", he said, trying to lighten up the moment.
His joke brushed over her like the rain on stone, her face unchanging. It was obvious she didn't like what she was doing.
"Mathias Saw has asked his last favor. I have a letter for you", she said cooly.
"Well,do you have it?"
She produced a brown envelope,sealed with red wax, bearing the sign of SI:7.
"I owe him no more. I will now return to the forests."Her voice could have been colder than ice.
Suddenly, the huge cat appeared from the crowd. He moved towards her and placed his head next to her legs.
"We will leave now,love", she said to him, her hand scratching the back of his neck. She walked out of the room in the same cold way she had entered, followed by the huge feline and whispers coming from the Exiles. Hiddenshadow watched her disappear down the stairs, holding the envelope in his hands...
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:37 pm

The sun was setting in the Barrens sky just outside Orgrimmar. It was the time the guards were getting lazy, after having spent all day in the sun, waiting for the nightshift to take their place. Noone even noticed a shadow moving within the shadows of the trees till it was past the Orgrimmar gate.
Noctus had been in Orgrimmar before, on scouting missions. He remembered the safe places and the patrol routes the guards used. But tonight, it wasn't a scout mission...
As he was making his way to the alchemist's shop in the drag, he heard guards shouting and the familiar roar of a riding cat. Hugging the wall he turned and saw five orcs running after one of his mates, Vainia. The huntress took the animal at a steep turn, then quickly dismounted and run in a deserted shop. The guards lost her and started searching the area. One of them moved towards her hiding spot, and Noctus decided it was time for action. Running stealthily behind him, he entered the shop just as the guard had started his attack on Vainia. Creeping behind him, Noctus plunged his dagger in the orc's neck. The gurgling sounds could not be heard by the other guards outside.
I thought we were not supposed to draw attention, he said and smiled at Vainia. A little startled, she smiled back and nodded. He started to make his way once more to the alchemist's shop, as Vainia made her own. They had reached the terrace for some time, when Mixxy appeared too. But Rammy was running late, and they were anxious. Without her, this could turn very ugly...not that with her it couldn't.
After half an hour, Rammy finally appeared.Vainia made a sign to her contact in Orgrimmar, a female troll, that went to find Druella. She arrived a little later, leaded by the troll. The two rogues followed them up the stairs and took their positions.
Druella had started talking with Vainia and Rammy, when a warlock appeared near Noctus and Mixxy's position. For a moment, Noctus thought about killing him and then attacking Druella immediately, but that would mean they would never get the cure for Rammy's mother.
Fortunately, the warlock walked away without noticing them, and a mage that appeared later saw nothing as well. As time passed, Noctus understood that Druella was finding Rammy's situation pleasant and funny. But still she hadn't agreed to inject Rammy with the poison...
Then suddenly, Noctus saw Druella cover her blade with a green liquid. He smiled, licked his lips and moved closer. The waiting would soon be over, and it would be the end of Druella's fun and the beginning of his...
Half a second after Druella stabbed Rammy's arm, Noctus was on her back, smashing his mace on her skull and plunging his dagger in her back...The undead made a small scream and tried to turn and face him, but Vainia was faster. She fired at Druella at point blank range, hitting her right in the chest. Noctus gave the final strike, striking with his dagger and tearing Druella's chest open. The body fell on the floor at his feet. What had been seconds had seemed like ages in slow motion...
Now we have to move, and fast, he said. Any of her patsies and cronies may notice her absence before long. This can still turn ugly.
Rammy staggered a few feet and cried out : I don't feel well at all...Her complexion was turning white, and the gash in her hand had a green colour.
We have to move while she still can. The poison will fade out, but if it does, it'll be too late for her mother. We probably have less than half an hour, and as far as I know, the whole Orgrimmar will be after us any minute now...
Rammy shapeshifted in her cat form and started moving. Noctus followed her, while Mixxy and Vainia made their own way out.
As soon as they were out of Orgrimmar, Rammy shifted back to normal and collapsed to the ground.
I don't think I can move any more, she whispered.
Girl, I don't care what you think, I'm moving you out of here now. Noctus made a long whistle and their riding cats appeared out of the woods. He lifted Rammy to her riding seat as Vainia was watching for any enemies... They ran to Rachet as fast as they could and Rammy collapsed once more inside the ship to Booty Bay. When they arrived there, she could hardly walk. They flew to Stormwind, where her sister was supposed to be waiting or them. Not finding Rhene, Rammy's sis, Noctus decided to take the matter upon himself. He opened Rammy's vein with his dagger and collected her poisoned blood in a vial, adding the antidote for the poison in it. Rammy was too tired and he left her in the upper room of a house to sleep. She had told him that her sister was last seen in Ironforge, but she should have come to Stormwind by now. Noctus took a gryphon to Ironforge and managed to find Rhene. The girl reminded hom of her sister, not in her look, but in her anxious and shy ways. He handed her the vial and run back to Rammy.
She had tried to move in catform, but had collapsed before reachimg the door. Noctus kneeled by her and stroke her back.
Are you feeling better kitty?he asked. Rammy opened her eyes and then changed back to her normal form.
I feel so...tired.She tried to sit up, and managed to without Noctus' help.
Sleeping will cure you now, he said smiling.
I'll stay in this house for tonight. The old lady that has it agreed to let me spend the night. You're welcome to stay here if you want to... she said shyly.
Me?In a house?he laughed. Girl, I'm a rogue!I only stay in a house for the time needed to pick up the jewellery!
Rammy thanked him for everything.
I owe you a great debt for helping my...
You owe me nothing, he cut in. Druella had it coming for a long time... Rest kiddo, I'll see you around.
He walked out of the house and mounted Longstride.
Back to Netherstorm boy, he said, I hear the bloodelves there have a few interesting items I intend to... reacquire, and he rode off.
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Night has come in Nagrand. The beasts of day are resting, and the stalkers of night hunting. Nightbirds sing, flying from tree to tree.
On a hilltop, under a tree that looks a lot like the thousand year oak of Darnassus, but its leaves have a blade shape, a night elf sits, next to a large feline. At the roots of the tree rest a backpack, a saddle and a head protection gear for the cat. The cat, emerald green eyes sparkling in the moonlight, purrs happily. The Night Elf is staring away to the vast Halaan Valley.
I'm sick of it boy. Every time, the story repeats itself. It looks like fate finds it amusing to play with me like this. I remember hearing one of the human bards say, when you want something very much, all the powers in the universe conspire with you to achieve it. Can the exact opposite happen?
The Night Elf sighs.
Look at these stars, Longstride. Can you imagine eyes twinkle like them? Can you imagine a laughter spreading light to the night more than this moon can? Can you think of a warmth unlike any fire, seeping into you? And I've lost it. Again. And again.
The cat makes a silent moan, echoing the pain in it's master's voice.
I won't tolerate fate boy. No matter the games it plays with me, I won't stand and wait for it. I was a dreamer, and a happy man once. Both were taken from me, time and again. This time, I'll change it.
The elf stands up and raises a fist at the sky.
You hear me? he shouts. I will not lose everything again! I will not be the hero that sacrifices all in the end! I won't lose my loved ones this time!
I... WILL... PERSEVERE!!!
The night in Nagrand is full of sparkling stars, and a huge moon floating in the sky. All look still and peaceful, leaves standing still, grass not moving, the air whispering his songs softly. And a Night Elf stands on a hilltop under a tree, with his fist raised to the sky and golden eyes full of tears he won't let fall...
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Night found Immith in the ragged inn of Honor Hold, in the Hellfire Peninsula. She had a light dinner under the light of lamps filled with oil, in a tornado of soldiers talking about the happenings of the day. Another fight won there, a skirmish with Horde, a new weapon devised by the Legion...
As soon as she was done, she moved upstairs to her room, a two by two, with a small, hard bed and a chest that could be used as a chair if need be. Comfort was not something found in abundance in the Outlands.
She lied on her bed, looking away from the small window on the wall. The sky outside, although full of stars, still had a touch of unnerving red on it. She pondered on her days in Outlands, hoping for sleep to come soon.
Ever since she made the trip through the Portal, she could feel her powers grow stronger. It was as if this land, filled with demonic energy, was feeding her with its powers. As she closed her eyes, she felt fear seeping through her heart, fear of becoming what she wished to avoid. And sleep came…
The nightmare was not unusual for her. She had had nightmares since her childhood. Memories of being a prisoner of demons, pain, fear, they all struck back at nights, finding her unprotected and vulnerable. Feelings were turning into colours, red for pain, blue for fear, green for anguish… a waterfall of feelings and colours disturbing her sleep.
Suddenly the blur of colours became more cohesive, and the colours changed. Sky blue, pale pink, yellow of the sand. Calmness and happiness. She could see faces, more like presences. All were unearthly, yet calm, with an ageless air of wisdom upon them… night elves! Night elves always came in her dreams to bring her peace and safety, like the safety she had felt when they raised her. Yet the images became even more focused. Images of dark blue or pale white, tall and handsome, young and old in the same time, night elves before the sacrifice of the Tree of Life, before the sacrifice of their immortality…
Two faces were distinctive to her. Both looked a lot alike, yet they were different at the same time. Blue skin, golden eyes, dark hair… One filled with power and greatness, with pride but arrogance at the same time. A warrior? A king? The second, was full of grace and lethality in balance, like one of the great feline beasts back in Azzeroth.
The images flowed, the first acquiring more pride, more arrogance, and also shame. The second seemed calm, happy, oblivious.
Suddenly, she wanted to scream in her dream, but she couldn’t. The first presence fused with something more evil than the demons that had tormented her childhood. It changed, became red anger, vile rage, cold vengeance, lust for power. And it seemed to affect the second image, giving it pain and sorrow. She wished it could stop, but she couldn’t force it. The two images were locked together, the first growing and giving pain to the second. Till their bond suddenly collapsed and the blur of feelings and colours of her normal nightmares returned…
Sun was beginning to pour through the window, when Immith cracked her eyelids open. For a second, the first second after waking up, she did not think of anything at all. Then she remembered last night’s nightmare. She almost never remembered the nightmares and what had happened in them. Usually, their power was diminished by the day’s arrival. But this morning, she remembered. And she wondered why she would dream of Illidan and… Noctus… linked like that…
A tap on the door announced the maid bringing Immith breakfast, and a new day was beginning…
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Fray Island.
Headquarters and resting grounds for the disreputable band of adventurers, mercenaries and persecuted that call themselves the Exiles. Out of the coast of the Barrens, away from the normal routes taken by hunters of gold and glory, yet so close to the beating heart of the Horde called Orgrimmar. Few humans stay on the island, caretaking what the Exiles consider their property.
Night is past its middle. The moon has set, and the stars are hidden behind dark clouds, but the air is dry, with no promise of the rain that sporadically soothes the Barrens’ heat. At the Exiles’ headquarters, silence rules above all. Nothing moves in the darkness, and the few snores from tired adventurers amplify the tranquillity.
In a room with a western window, the shadows stand still as everything else. A bunker, a table and a chair are the only furniture in it. A careful search would discover a small trapdoor on the floor, expertly hidden. Should someone tried to pry its contents though, a small blade on a springing mechanism, covered with poison, would make sure he regretted it.
In this room suddenly the shadows of the night seem to grow darker and, if that is possible for a shadow, denser. Away from the window, the shadows slowly materialise into a black skinned being, with hoofs at its feet, black horns on its forehead and a black sword in its right hand. Its green eyes glow in the darkness, examining the room. It slowly moves towards the bed where a figure can be seen, tall and slim, under the sheet. Without a sound, it stands next to the bed and raises its sword
At that instance, the cold touch of steel hugs its neck, along with small, sharp pains. A whispering voice comes from behind it, from a night elf that is still half invisible in the shadows.
"We wouldn’t want to ruin the bed sheets, now would we?"
The creature freezes. The steel wire around its neck is covered with razors that have already scratched its skin, causing black blood to run on its chest. The scratches aren’t lethal, but the slightest move could severe its head from the rest of its body like cutting butter.
"How…" the creature growls, and its neck moves as it speaks, causing the razors to go deeper and more blood to spill on its chest and back.
"Careful, careful. I’ll have to clean up your mess otherwise", says the rogue in an ironic voice. "If we are able to shadowstep, why wouldn’t you be too? All it takes is imagination and experimentation, am I right?"
"You can’t have known…" the creature now whispers, trying to avoid further damage to its neck.
"Well, let’s just say that I have friends that see… quite far away. But that is not our problem right now. Our problem is, what am I going to do with you now?"
At the metal tone of the elf’s voice, the creature’s clawed hands flex in what seems to be fear.
"Wait. I’m not here to kill you. I have a message for you. He is offering you a place by his side. He said, you can be like the old times."
The rogue smiles wickedly.
"And when were you going to give me the message? Before or after you killed me?"
The clawed hands flex again.
"Like the old times? The good old times? I don’t think so. We both have changed too much since then. And if he couldn’t forget my part, I can’t forget his, now can I? Tell him this : he killed my team, now I’m coming for his own. And then, I’ll come for him. You understand?"
"Yes."
"Good. You’re lucky, see? I need you to deliver the message, so I can’t kill you. How were you going to return?"
"I carry a stone of…"
"Good", the rogue cut his speech. "First drop the sword on the bed. If it hits the floor, or makes any sound, you die." The elf’s cold tone shows he means what he’s saying.
With a light sound and a small gasp, the creature drops its weapon on the sheet. As it falls, it uncovers the pillows that formed the body shape under the covers.
"Now, use it. I know you don’t have to touch it, just think of return, so don’t get smart on me."
The creature closed its eyes and focused. Shadows seemed to slowly envelop it. A few seconds later, all that was left in the room to remind it was the black sword. The night elf covered it with the sheets without touching it, and then threw it out of the window into the sea. For a few seconds, a gurgling sound was heard, and then stopped.
"The old days?" murmured the rogue. "He thinks I’m a fool, like those that set him free?"
A smile makes its appearance on his lips.
"I forgot to tell that sorry bastard that the poison on the razors is lethal for its kind 5 minutes after it enters their blood."
Far away to the east, the first light of dawn appears, bringing the hope of a new day. But in the room that faces west, darkness still covers everything…
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 3:39 pm

Noctus placed the last of his stuff in the traveling bags. Sketches, plans, tools, key rings, all were neatly packed. For the second time he checked his trapdoor hidden on the floor, to make sure he had left nothing inside and had securely dismantled the blade mechanism. It would be sad to kill a friend by mistake.
It was early morning, a little before the sun came out. Most of his friends – he hoped he would be able to call them friends in the future – were still asleep or taking breakfast. The best time to leave if you hate goodbyes, he thought.
The huge riding saber called Longstride was patiently waiting outside, ready to run wherever Noctus would take him. Two heavy bags were already strapped on it, but Longstride didn’t seem to mind when Noctus placed two more at the back of the saddle.
Well, I hope you had enough time to say goodbye to your friends, old pal. It will be a long time till we see Fray Island again. I just hope I didn’t bring them more trouble than I had to.
The night elf sighed.
Stormwind’s on me, the Theatre’s on me, and now He managed to track me down. One would say I’m getting slow and lazy. Well, I guess I’ll snap out of it now. Let me see them try to keep up!
He turned back to look at the building.
Hidden’s got my resignation. He’ll let them know. I guess that’s goodbye and see you around Exiles, he murmured. Thanks for everything.
With a swift move, he climbed on the cat’s saddle without grabbing the reins. As if it knew, the huge feline sped forward with huge leaps without any command.
And Noctus didn’t look back.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(((OOC : I know it's a long story to read, but I've been writing for about a year now my background and I want people to understand where Noctus comes from. I'll try to get a new piece with the warders in it soon. I appreciate any and all comments!)))
Back to top Go down
Sharna
Admin
Admin
Sharna

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2007-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyFri May 04, 2007 6:39 pm

((o.o...i promisse i'll read it all..but not right now...right now i'm too tired..))
Back to top Go down
Noctus

Noctus

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... EmptyTue Jun 12, 2007 7:09 am

Nattal was running at the greatest speed her newly-found wolfpaws could take her. She was late...
It had taken half a week to contact the priestess, and she had had to put all her resourcefulness at work.Unable to find her at first, she had asked her druid sister to let the priestess know. And now that she had agreed to a meeting, Nattal was late.
On her way to Darnassus, that was all she could think of. On the elven ship, the impossible vastness of the sea had come down on her like a stone wall, filling her with fear. In all her life, she had never left Exodar. To face unknown on her own, it was... breathtakingly frightening.
The moment the ship arrived on the shores of Telredar, she started running again. She had no time to gape at the hugeness of Darnassus. Inside the city, she paid little attention to the white marbles on the ground or the impossible beauty of the tree houses. She was late...
Panting, she arrived at the Temple of the Moon Goddess.There, near the fountain, Rhene was sitting, patiently waiting. As soon as she recognised Nattal, she stood up and moved towards her.

You are late, she said.

Forgive me priestess, said Nattal, kneeling in shame.The Archive Keeper kept me later than usual.

What did you want of me?asked Rhene in a slightly irritated tone.

My lady, I know you have little time to give me. What do you know of Illidan?

A few things, and vaguely, replied Rhene.

I found... I found a file in the Archives of Exodar, muttered Nattal. I have kept it hidden from my superiors.

Mhm, nodded Rhene, obviously intrigued.

Illidan was one of the greatest heroes of your kin, second only to Malfurion himself. During the first clash of this world with the Burning Legion, many Night Elves believed in him. He had organised an elite strike team in those days, who were faithful to him.

Are you getting somewhere with this?

The team was led by a rogue of great respect among your kin. He assembled and lead the Silent Night under Illidan's orders, striking against the mightiest demons.
But when Illidan fell from his pride and mistakes, the Elves of Silent Night refused to go against the decision of the Elven Council. They didn't help Illidan, and he vowed revenge. Soon, the strike team, with the demons gone, dissembled.
But Illidan remembered them well, and their "betrayal" to him. As soon as he got his own demonic minions, he attacked and slaughtered them all but one. The rogue leader managed to survive.

I trully do not understand what this has to do with me. Do I know this rogue?asked Rhene impatiently.

Aethelas Nightwhisper has helped you and your kin many times, my lady. That is why I took heart and decided to ask for your help.

The name reminds me of noone. Perhaps you are mistaken...

He goes by a different name in these days.He is named...

Rhene gasped.

There is only one rogue that has ever helped me... but you can't mean...

A large pause came, the two women looking each other in the eyes, trying to guess what the other was thinking.

He is named Noctus Nocturnus.

Rhene felt her feet were about to give up. She sat down, in front of the still kneeling shaman.

What...what do you want from me? she asked with a dried mouth.

My lady, I fear for him. He is on the path of revenge, and that path leads only to pain and destruction. A tear dropped from the Draenei's eyes. His soul is full of darkness. He seeks to face off with Illidan too hard, no matter what the outcome will be.

For the Light, no! said Rhene. But what can I do?

He seeks revenge for his mates, for his one true love that was killed by Illidan's hands. Elayne, as you, was a priestess. I was hoping you would be able to reach his soul, and pull him out of the darkness that is eating him away. Nattal's eyes were now full of tears and she could hardly hold her sobs. Every time I see him, I see darkness in him. The spirits whisper to me he has given up on all feelings. Love, sorrow, hope, sadness, fear, joy. All that remains inside him is revenge. My lady, if he faces Illidan like this, he will surely be killed! I can't stand that! He is my mentor, he took me in when my family casted me away for following the shamanistic ways instead of the path of the warrior of the light. I owe him too much...

But what can I do?said Rhene in a tone that seemed to be adressed to her own self.She patted Nattal's shoulder to calm her down. Now I know I am not his love. What can I do?

My lady, he will not even let me talk about that to him. Please, I beg of you! Tears came to Nattal's eyes again. Speak to him. The files say Aethelas was a noble rogue, with a sense of honor and great love for life. Not all of him can be gone. Please, help him!

Rhene stood up, as if she was preparing herself for a fight.

I will speak to him. I promise you that I will, and I will try to stop him from ruining himself.

My lady, one more thing.

Yes?

Do not let him know it was me that told you. He will cast me away from him. I will not stand losing my second family also...
Do not worry dear. He will not know my source. Now stand up and stop crying.
Nattal stood, as Rhene was preparing her soulstone.

I will try to help him. So don't worry, she said.

Nattal stepped a few meter away, but her feet could not move any further.

Spirits, please keep him safe. Please help him. Please...

(((A great thanks to Rhene/a.k.a. Rammy for her huge help for this, and for my future RPing. It's not easy to make a story on your own. Thank you, Rhene!)))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...   Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just another rogue? Nothing ever is as it seems...
Page 1 of 1